Please reset the printer
1. Turn off your printer
2. Press and hold the STOP/RESET button
3. Press and hold Power ON button
4. While holding the Power ON button, release the STOP/RESET button
5. While holding still the Power ON button, press twice the STOP/RESET button
6. Release the Power ON button
7. Wait until it display an “idle” message. It will take about a minute.
8. When “idle” appear, open the top cover to expose the cartridges.
9. Lift up the cover for cartridge holder and take out both the black and color cartridges
10. Return the cover of cartridge holder and turn off the printer
11. Return the top cover and turn on the printer again
12. After the printer initialize, return the cartridges.
- Go To Control Panel
- Go To Administrator Tools->Services
- Find Function Discovery Provider Host->Startup Type->Automatic (delayed start)
- Find Function Discovery Resource Publication->Startup Type->Automatic (delayed start)
- You have an anti-virus software preventing the installer from launching. Disable your anti-virus software and run the installer again.
- The installer is being blocked by Windows Vista. You can unblock it by right-clicking the installer and going to “Properties > General > Advanced” and select the “Unblock” option.
Fusing Unit Third Jam Error (Fatal Error)
The exit sensor failed to detect the leading edge of the paper within the prescribed time and triggered a jam alert.
Make sure the fusing unit has been installed correctly
Print Unable 71 error message has to deal with the laser unit polygon motor. On most Brother machines the laser unit does not start up until it starts to print. If the motor does not get to operating speed in a set amount of time then the machine will produce a “Print Unable 71” error message. It is possible that this is caused by failed lubrication in the polygon motor bushing. You can try to S
1. Turn the machine off then back on
2. Replace the Laser Unit or Clean and Lubricate the shaft and bushing with a light weight lubricating oil
3. Replace the Main Board PCB
1. – Reboot, and repeatedly press F10 at the HP logo until the recovery screen appears.
2. – When the recovery screen appears, press “Next” and then “Yes” to perform a non-destructive recovery.
3. – To perform a destructive recovery, click “Advanced” and then “Yes”.
4. – After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.
1. – Reboot, and press Ctrl + F11 at the Dell logo.
2. – The Dell™ PC Restore by Symantec screen will come up.
3. – Select “Restore” or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
4. – if you wish to continue, click “Confirm”, or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
5. – When the utility is finished, click “Finish”, or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.